Sunday, July 1, 2012

ONE YEAR


In three hundred and sixty-five short days, a LOT has changed.  Many opportunities have come about, many gifts have come into our lives, many doors have opened, and many wonderful people have become closer in our hearts or have come into our lives. But, one year ago today a very important and extremely loved door in our lives closed.  My Dad's. 

Today, like all other days, he is missed so so much, but today feels different in many ways.  Today, it hurts just a bit more than normal.  Today, the memories become more vivid and make all of this seem like a big dream that I am awaiting to wake up from. What a nightmare.  Today, I look back at the past year and think how much my dad would have LOVED to be here to celebrate all the wonderful things that have happened.  And today, I look at all my family members, my grandparents, my uncles and aunts, my cousins, my wonderful friends, and reflect on the meaning of life and how important you all are to me. Don't you EVER forget that.  I love you!

One of the most important lessons I have learned though this process is this:

You have today to do anything and everything you want.  You have this moment in time, right here, right now, to make the most of your life. You can choose what you want to do with your moment.  But, if you left the world now, would you be happy? Are there things you have wanted to do but haven't done because of work, or time or whatever? Would you be satisfied with what you have done so far in life?  If not, go now.  Go accomplish and achieve.  Go celebrate, go play, go explore, go smile, and go love. Go make the most of your moment.  Because...  You never know when your moment will be gone.





October 1, 1956 - July 1, 2011

1 comment:

  1. Every time I read your blog, I feel inspired to be a little better. Love you Jess! you are amazing. Thinking of you all the time! xoxo

    ReplyDelete