I have so many awesome memories and pictures to share from the past months. I was able to participate in several fun things:
1. Hiking/running with my puppies
2. Mountain bike riding
3. Traveling to New Mexico to celebrate my grandma's 90th birthday and hiking up Sandia Mountain
4. Hiking up to Cecret Lake with my step-sister, Shelby, in Salt Lake City
5. Spending an evening with a great friend of mine, Trisha, before she headed to Illinois for grad school (CONGRATS!!)
6. Going to a USA Women's National Soccer team game in SLC and lots of Real Salt Lake soccer games
7. Hiking with my sister and Holden
8. Playing indoor soccer with my family and friends
9. Going swimming/pool with my sister and Holden
10. Spending lots of time with my family.. and more!
I'll try to keep the pic load to a minimum, just to highlight the amazingness and adventures!! ENJOOYYYYY!!!
Swimming with my puppies!
This is my friend Trisha who just got accepted into a nutritional biochem masters degree program! I am so proud of her and can't wait to hear about all she learns. I took her on a skyline walk in the mountains to break up her long driving road trip.
Trisha with Sugar
Shelby and I got together for a hike up to Cecret Lake in Little Cottonwood Canyon.. It was absolutely gorgeous and so great to catch up with her!
Shelby admiring Cecret Lake
Cheese! :) What a great day.
My family and I headed to Albuquerque to celebrate my dad's mom turning 90 years young.. And boy was it fun! My whole family met us out there too so it was a pleasant gathering. I went a few days ahead of my family to get in some quality time with my grams as well as explore the mountains. I decided to hike up the biggest mountain peak in Albuquerque, Sandia Mountain, which is home of the world's longest tramway if you take the gondola ride up. It ended up being 10.5 miles and 4,000 feet of elevation gain. The summit is at 10,500 feet and I sure felt it.. I spent the rest of the day relaxing and recovering.
I actually met a lot of really nice people during my hike and found lots of solitude as I climbed.
Near the top looking down on Albuquerque
At the top!! I made it!
I rode the tram back down to my car.
Holden playing in the water at my grandma's house.. Above is my 90 year young grandma, my sister and Baby Holden!
My gorgeous cousins!! Hannah, Nicole and Ashley
Happy birthday grams, we love you! I hope that I am as aware and witty as my grandma is at 90! GO HER!
Blurry pic but felt as though I should share it
My wonderful family on my dad's side
Once I returned from NM, it was back to serious studying for my exams. Everything was put on the back-burner....
Sugar and me lounging
This is Nimbus.. My mom's friend's dog. I was trying to beat her in soccer but she is actually a great defender.
Holden and me playing in the pool!
My gorgeous mother.. Honestly, she has been so great and supportive to me during this time (she always is, but I have so much appreciated it during my time home)!!! We have been able to do lots of fun stuff together which has been great. One day she took the dogs hiking up at Snowbasin and I took the mountain bike.. it was GREAT.
Snowbasin, home of the 2002 Olympics!!
We were given the opportunity to watch the USA Women's National team play soccer against Canada in Salt Lake City. What a great game.. AND I was able to connect with one of Miranda's best friends, Amy Rodriguez, who plays on the Nat'l team!
I am so proud of my sister!! One day she decided she wanted to hike all the way up Andy-Adam's Canyon to the waterfall.. it is about 2.5 strenuous miles up to the fall and she is over 7 months pregnant. I definitely agreed, so I held Holden in the backpack and we brought all the pups!
Holden and I walking around at the falls
Lauren, Holden and me hiking.. and the dogs too!
Sorry for the super delay.. I hope your world is going GREAT! I will post more frequently, I swear! Plus, I have good news to share :)














Congrats DR. Thompson! that is so exciting. Yay!! Im so proud of you, and envious! Looks likee you've had some fun being back home. Miss ya. xoxo
ReplyDelete