On Tuesday afternoon I decided to explore a very popular hike location. Ironically, the "Lower Table Rock" is a much more difficult, rockier, longer and steeper hike than is the "Upper Table Rock." I went for the more intense of the two and found my way to the top in about 3 miles.
Trail Head with the table top in the background
When you get to the top, it is literally FLAT .. like a table top, hence the name. Turkey vultures soar all around which are actually huge and kind of scary looking.
Walk to the edge of the top and it drops off immediately - and this is the view you are left with - the Rogue Valley and the Rogue River.
Mt. McLoughlin in the distance.
Yeah, it was about 95 degrees and sunny - good thing the trail up was shaded.
Crazy that these pretty flowers grow when everything else is dead up on top.
Looking out south of the rocks..
It is a pretty neat hike and one that I am very glad I did. I may return within the next 6 weeks, you never know...
No comments:
Post a Comment