Here I am, again, reflecting on how quickly time flies by. It seems like I was just talking about moving from K. Falls over to Medford - and now my Medford rotation is just about up. Two days left. Two more days of work and that will complete my entire pharmacy school internship experience. Two more days to learn as much as I possibly can. Two more days to take advantage of this tremendous opportunity that has been given to me. And, just about two more days until I will be on an airplane headed north to the Land of the Midnight Sun.
Filling my time has been so wonderful. During last week I went out to dinner two nights with people who are very close to my heart: one evening with Dawn and Steve and the other with Ruth and her wonderful family. I had an exceptional time both nights. My weekend began with a sunny, warm, 27 mile bike ride with Jeanne. We had such a blast!
Jeanne and me biking with Mt. McLoughlin in the background! You can tell by our faces that we're enjoying the heck out of each other and being out on the bikes!
Cheese! Wearing my daddy's cookie monster bike jersey :)
We rode out toward the Table Rocks.. they are gorgeous.
Pre-ride photo.
On Friday night I met up with some friends at Roxy Ann Winery for some live music, laughs and relaxation. Below is Bill, Hea, me, Annie and Lee. They are physical therapy students who are in town doing internships :)
On Saturday morning I woke up and it was a gorgeous day outside. I decided that I would run from my house to the top of Roxy Ann. The picture below is taken from where I started and I finished at the tower on top of the "mountain." It took me 1 hour and 45 minutes!! Not sure the mileage but it's far.
Roxy Ann
The view of the Rogue Valley from the top of Roxy Ann. My house (starting point) is one of those measly speckles below!
It was so sunny and warm out so I decided to get a nice tan, ha ha, and run in my sports bra!
Saturday afternoon Dave and Char drove up to Medford to visit me! I saw them about two months ago in K. Falls but it already seemed like forever ago. They have done an exceptional job making it a point to come visit me wherever I am living. I am truly lucky to have them in my life!
I took them to Southern Oregon Brewing Company to try new brews and relax after their drive.
This man gave me my first pharmacy job!! Thanks Boss! :)
Dave and Char <3
On Sunday morning we decided to head to Ashland to get breakfast at a place called Morning Glory. It has been voted #1 breakfast spot for a while so we needed to check it out! I went with Dave and Char and the girls met us there! So yummy!!
Annie, Hea, Lee and me!
So, there you have it, 2,880 minutes and I will be opening a new chapter in my life.
I will do my best to keep my blog updated during Alaska but I can't promise anything! I hope to be out hiking in Denali National Park, dog sledding, ice fishing, sea kayaking or doing something super crazy and adventurous! Can't wait to share pics!! Have a great week!

I'm going to Ketchikan first to see my friend Ashley for a few days!! I am so excited!! I last saw her in September! Oh MAN!

Peace and loooovvveeee.




Love you sister! You look so much like dad in that first picture you posted.same goofy smile :)
ReplyDelete