Friday, March 9, 2012

Diversity.

By now you know that I tend to fill almost every minute of my free time with something super enjoyable whether it is with friends, exploration, or just "living in the now" - which was the case of my weekend, again. :) After my week of work compounding in the pharmacy, making all sorts of gels, creams, suspensions, troches and penis injections, I was ready to play for the weekend. Enjoy the pics!!

Compounding - making a lidocaine PLO gel

I passed my Grow-Med! Which means I am efficient in doing sterile transfers in the hood without getting bacteria in my vials.  YAY!

Ha ha, working in the compounding lab with my mask pulled down under my chin.

On Friday I was able to do a bit of research for my trip to Alaska (coming up in one week!!), got in a nice bike ride and then went to Justin and Gina's house to brew beer.  We decided that we would make a saison this time (we have made a vanilla porter and a pumpkin beer in the past).  I am pretty excited to see how it turns out!  Three more weeks!

Saturday was filled with an all-day adventure to Ashland with friends: Berta, Healani, Lee, Zach, and Brett.  It consisted of walking in Lithia Park, playing bocce ball with a stranger, taking my friends to Caldera and Standing Stone, playing darts (and dominating by the way, haha), and going dancing at a salsa club. It was such a great day - plus the sun was shining :)

You don't have to be a little kid to play on the play ground!!  Berta and Zach climbing up the spider web.

Me, trying to out-climb the little kids to get to the top and be queen of the playground! Ha ha.

Playing bocce ball in Lithia Park with Berta and strangers.

My first time ever playing!

On Sunday, Berta rented a bicycle and I took her out for a nice ride.  It was her first long road ride and she did so well! 32 miles!! I was impressed.

Ha ha, CHEESE!

Oh yes, llama feeding time!!  Healani with Mr. Llama.

Me feeding the llama with Hea.. so awesome!

Lee and me - yummy corn and oats.

The reason I titled this post "diversity" is because I felt like I did so many different things - from brewing beer to salsa dancing to feeding llamas! I had a great weekend and am so happy I was able to spend time with the people I did!

Until next time, enjoy yourself!!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment