Thursday, January 19, 2012

Time is Almost Up

It is quite incredible how quickly time passes you by.  I moved up to Klamath Falls in mid-September and now, February is nearing.  My four-and-a-half month adventure in K. Falls will come to an end shortly - - although the friendships and memories I have made will last a lifetime.  The people here are incredible and and professional experience I gained has been solid.  I will never forget this little City of Sunshine.

Hanging with some of the friends I met in Klamath.. Jinell and Holly

At Berta's house for a home-warming party!  .. The fire pit!

Berta and her sister with their totally AWESOME drinking mustaches!

My first EVER trial with chopping wood!! WATCH OUT! :o)

Good contact!

BOOO-YAAAHHHH!  Mission complete.

At Crater Lake with one huge dork! ;o)

Pretty beautiful!

My time here is winding down but I am still taking advantage of every minute I have.  They are filled with work, indoor soccer, spin class, working out and being with friends.  I had a unique experience at spin class this week that I will share:

I was instructed that we were going to "climb up a hill" next so stood up, grasped my handlebars and closed my eyes to let the music pound into my head.  My eye lids filled with very familiar scenery of Portland on a bright sunny day. All of a sudden there I was, with my dad, biking up the hills headed toward the Rose Garden and Zoo. We laughed and he challenged me to a race to the top of the hill.  I knowingly accepted that I was in for a butt-kicking.  The vivid memory of laughs, conversation, and utter sense of happiness lasted the duration of the song before I was called back to reality, unfortunately. I immediately felt my sympathetic nervous system kick-in as my heart beat out of my chest, my breaths became short and unsteady, and my emotions rolled. 

It was so pleasant to ride bikes with my dad this week but at the same time, it threw me into a mental meat grinder.  My focus at work suffered and I couldn't wait for the weekend to come so I could think and express my emotions as they came to me. These experiences are unique and I hope there are many more to come.  As we would say in medical terms, "the benefits outweigh the risks."

Hope your week was tremendous!


2 comments:

  1. Jess.. I Love your blog. I am jealous you have had several experiences with your dad. Maybe one day I will get one :)

    Thanks for always being such a great friend. I love you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So neat to hear your stories, and really special that he reminds you he is with you. Miss you Jess. Love you

    ReplyDelete