Friday, September 2, 2011

Busy.

Regardless of working every day I still try to find a way to explore in the evenings or do something for "me." This week seemed super busy because every night I had something planned.  Some of the notable things were that I did a Q&A session with the pre-pharmacy club at UC Berkeley, biked 20 miles down on the waterfront, played tennis with Steven, ate at Sumo Grub with my preceptor because supposedly it is famous in Berkeley and he wanted to check it out, had dinner at Gather with Thelma and her friend, Dorothy, ran up Strawberry Canyon again, watched the UC Berkeley women's soccer game, and went to a new brewery in Berkeley called Elevation 66. I'm seriously waaayyy entertained here.. maybe I should apply for my California license.. hmm, what do you think? I could probably handle being a Californian.. I would just need to bike everywhere so I don't get frustrated with traffic.


Food from Sumo Grub.. if you know me, I do NOT eat fried foods often (nearly ever) nor would I eat deep fried cheese pizza, french fries, or the Heart Attack (deep friend Twinkies, Oreo's, and green tea ice cream).  I had a couple of bites and called it good!! Surprisingly enough, the deep fried Oreo's were probably the best!

CHEEESE/YUCK!! Ha ha. Deep fried pizza and fries. I don't know how my preceptor convinced me to eat there!

Yum, now that is more like it!! I have found figs everywhere here.. they are in season plus they grow fresh here.. I love it even though they are loaded with sugar and carbs - so good for you (in moderation)  :o)


UC Berkeley Women's soccer match.. so many memories of my dad and me playing soccer..

I decided to buy a t-shirt.. I have been wanting a Cal shirt or something so I decided to make it soccer related and support the game I love.
Friday night I found a new brewery to try named Elevation 66. They literally opened yesterday and the place was filled.  It is a small joint but pretty nice inside.
This is the Golden Age Ale.. Pretty good.. yummy food and beer!

Pretty flowers that reminded of Miranda - ha ha she is obsessed with the Lakers.. "Purp and yellow!"

All in all, the week was good minus my emotions.  This week (Thursday) signifies 2 months of my dad being gone.. I miss him so much.  I have been a bit emotional - only for a good reason.  If I could make a wish, you know what it would be..

********************xoxo********************

No comments:

Post a Comment