Friday, November 22, 2013

A New Chapter


Somewhere along the way I picked up a deep belief in that all things happen for a reason. Trusting and believing this phrase can be very challenging at times though. I am sure all of us have experienced some level of grief or challenges along the way that seem like they don't make sense. I can vouch for this with the passing of my father.  I was so upset and often thought "there is no good reason for this" but as I reflect back on the times since July 1st of 2011, I am able to see that a lot of doors have opened after my dad's door prematurely closed. People have come into my life who I cherish, relationships have grown stronger, opportunities have presented themselves, and immense growth has occurred from the situation. So in the end, everything has worked out to be okay.

Recently, Zach and I decided to separate and my thoughts rest on the belief that all things happen for a reason. Although our breakup was sad and a hard decision to make, I am able to find light on the situation and have faith that this is the path designed for me.  I believe Zach was one of the doors that opened after the passing of my father and I am able to cherish the times we had together. I feel as though I have grown a lot in many different avenues of my life. I trust that I will be happier and healthier in the future. So, cheers!

With that said, I am more than happy to share the lovely pictures of what I have been up to lately.  My life is still so full of love, wonderful friends and family, and lots of fun activity!  I am so lucky and blessed to have all of the things that I do so close to my heart! 

In my uniform :) We designed a pharmacist-run vaccination clinic and gave influenza shots!  So much fun :) We have collectively given over 1,000 vaccinations to people!
 
Albuquerque, New Mexico

My dad's mom lives in Albuquerque as do some of my aunts, uncles and cousins so we planned our reunion to be there since my grandma hates to fly. I went toward the end of October. I was lucky enough to fly to SLC to pick up my sister and her babies then we headed to NM. I had so much fun with them!!
 
On the airplane with my sister and the kids

We went out to dinner for yummy Mexican food (way better than anything Alaska has to offer!!)!  In the pic: grandma, uncle Gary, aunt Karen, Holden, my sister, me and Brooklyn


We stayed at a hotel and I took Holden swimming twice!  We had a fun time!

I saw the movie Planes a while back and knew Holden would love it. I talked my sister into letting me buy him planes and take him out to the movies while we were there.  He loved the show and now he is obsessed with Dusty, Chug, Skipper and Ripslinger!

Me and my one and only baby girl!! Brooklyn Betty :)

This is Jax, my brothers boy.  He is so handsome!

My auntie Linda lives on a farm so we went down there to play for the day! The kids loved it! They are obsessed with pumpkins and loved all the dogs and animals.

Jax
 
My trip was such a blast!!  I can't wait to see my family again soon!
 
Halloween
 
After NM was Halloween!  My pharmacy gets very into it so we had some fun costumes!
Meet Panda and our Hippie!  Aka. Angie and Tom

Me - I was the Sunmaid Raisin lady!  And I'm with Johnny, who didn't dress up :o/

Cee Lo Green!

Me and Katie!

There is a place here in Anchorage where you can go to taste and make wine!  You pick which wine was your favorite then they make the wine. You come back two months later to bottle, cork and label it!  It is a fun girls night out!
 
If any of you check the Anchorage weather, you know how cold it has been.  We have had a high of zero degrees and temps as low as -10.  BRRRRRR!  But, I'm loving the snow!! I got my snow tires on and my new Jeep is doing great!  I have been out skiing twice now! P.S. it is warming up :)
 
Classic XC skiing under the moon!
 
These bikes aren't going anywhere soon :)
 
Two of my buds and I went mead tasting to a local meadery we have here in Anchorage.  It's called Celestial Meads... Meads are made from honey so they are like a very sweet wine.  Pretty good but I'd say an acquired taste :)
 
Caitlin, Tracy and me out for the night tasting meads!  We had such a blast!
 
 
 Alaska Amazing!
 
I wanted to share this picture last because it reminds me of peace on earth, appreciation of the beauty of all things around you, and faith in a very bright, healthy and happy future.
 
Keep your head up!
 
"Everything will be fine in the end, if it's not fine, it's not the end."
 
~Jess
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. A new chapter filled with happiness and laughs. You're such a beautiful friend ;)

    ReplyDelete