Monday, July 1, 2013

Two Years

Two years ago today my father rode strong,
In the blink of an eye his life was withdrawn.
 
In all of these days – from back then until now,
Not a moment goes by that it doesn’t affect me somehow.
 
So many times when I wish I could speak to him,
I have questions with no answers, and so much held within.
 
My heartbreak is the same every glorious day,
The pain is proving that it will never go away. 
 
Today isn’t full of grief or tears,
It’s full of memories, my loved ones, and all these wonderful years.
 
 
Biking with my dad
 
Wearing his jersey on my 125 mi bike ride this weekend - mud only makes you stronger!
 
His Cookie Monster Jersey - With me always.  Biking is something that helps me to feel closer and more connected with my dad.
 
Yeah, he raced in snow :)
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful memory and said from the heart. He is truly missed and we keep you all in our thoughts and prayers. The vacancy is never filled in our hearts with the loss of a loved one, but the memories and spirit live on forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the poem, it's written so great. I love you girl.

    ReplyDelete