Thursday, February 28, 2013

Donate

With the encouragement and support of my good friend Julie, I have decided to tackle some pretty awesome long-distance events this year.  None are necessarily racing, just doing it because I am passionate about exercise and adventure, as well as being out in the good ol' outdoors!  One of these events is a two-day bike ride that covers over 120 miles... biking from Anchorage to Seward.  The event consists of climbing over two mountain passes, camping overnight near a lake, then finishing the ride the next day...And raising money for my goal of $500. 

Why would I do that?  Because, the population that I serve has very high rates of colorectal cancer and I think cancer screenings are very important. I also want to be able to help provide screenings for low-income or uninsured Alaskans which are where the funds are donated. In addition, I want to challenge myself to a ride that will make me stronger mentally and physically while exploring Alaska on my bike.
These are the ride details:




Please take a moment to consider supporting colorectal cancer as well as me in this event.  I am very excited for the opportunity to do this!  If you would like to make a donation, go onto my personal donation page at:


Thank you soooo much!  Other fun events I'll be doing: a 100-mile bike ride north of Anchorage as well as some long distance trail runs and mountain bike racing!  Yay, I'll definitely keep you posted.

Have a great weekend!! And, THANK YOU!!!!

Biking at Crater Lake

Biking in Medford

Biking in Bend with my dad's jersey on

No comments:

Post a Comment