Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Moosin' Around!

I have been having way too much fun here although, this past week of work challenged me in ways in which I haven't experienced.  I worked the closing shift (noon to 8:30 pm) and we lose staffing in the evenings, so I am one of two pharmacists and the patients just keep coming!!!  It gets way stressful and I never got out at 8:30 pm. We all have to rotate through this shift so it was just my turn but thankfully as the week progressed, I learned how to handle myself a bit better.  Thank heaven. 

Outside of work, I have been exploring as much as I can and trying to do at least one new thing a week.  The main highlights were my bike ride through Kincaid Park (I saw 7 moose!), a hike to Symphony/Eagle Lake with Danielle and Tundra, and the moose fights out my back window.  The pictures are just wonderful so I'll share those instead!

Beautiful AK scenery with the Fall colors!

This is a pic taken from my living room window - the beautiful Chugach Mountains!

Biking through Kincaid Park with the ocean and sun setting.

Cow and calf moose!!  So neat

Sunset over Turnagain Arm

This is my hike with Danielle and Tundra up to Symphony Lake.  It was a 12-mile round trip hike and was so neat!  We saw Ptarmigan (type of bird - similar to like turkey or something) and a coyote! The lakes are separated by a thin strip of land - one lake is formed from glacial runoff and is a milky teal color and the other lake is formed from snow runoff and precipitation which makes it a clearer aqua blue.  It is quite the sight to see!

This is the beautiful valley we hiked in

Glacial water is this color.. so pretty!

 Eagle Lake

Danielle and me

Symphony Lake

Tundra with the pretty fall colors

The coyote is in the center of this picture. We were able to watch him for a few minutes as he was doing this really strange bark.

Every day I look out my window hoping that I will see my moose friends.. Well luckily enough, one day I was Skyping with Zach and saw this huge dark thing out my window.  To my surprise, I found two males right out my sliding-glass window!  They even started ramming antlers together!! It was so cool.

Moose Fights!!!!!

So, I did some super cool things this past weekend, too, but I will have to share those later.  I gotta run!


No comments:

Post a Comment