Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Trying Something New

I think I found my new passion - Rock climbing.  There is a fairly nice gym in K. Falls and I have been eyeing it the whole time I have been living here.  Berta, a friend of mine, wanted to go too so her and I made an afternoon of it.  It was amazing but I can't even begin to tell you how quickly my muscles fatigued!  After about 30 minutes of bouldering, I was already feeling like I had shaky muscles. It was an amazing "shaky" feeling though because I knew that next time I would be stronger and able to do it for longer.  I am going to get belay certified so that I can climb higher and eventually be able to do it outside next spring/summer!  CAN'T WAIT!!


Can't you see me doing this outdoors on a huge rock!??

Having fun!

My friend, Berta

After rock climbing, I had a couple hours free so I opted out of studying for the NAPLEX and decided to get creative.  I wandered downtown and stumbled across a ceramic/pottery shop.  I went inside, picked out a plain ceramic dinner plate and began to paint.

The beginning.. working out ideas in pencil

My final piece of work that will get glazed and go into the kiln! Basically summarizes my life in cartoon-land: I miss my dad so much, love to eat healthy, love to work out - and spoil my hard work with good beer :)  and I LOVE traveling and my rewarding job in pharmacy. If you know me, it fits perfect.   


I am headed back home for Thanksgiving.. I can't wait to see my family and celebrate my nephew's first birthday!! 

Happy Birthday Holden! XOXO

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!

1 comment:

  1. omg.. your plate is the coolest.. I want to go make one! I love love that! We need to chit chat soon.. I want to hear about your rock climbing.. xoxo love you.

    ReplyDelete