Ha ha, you're probably thinking that you should stop reading any further based on the title of this blog post right? Well, don't disengage too quickly. By "F words" I mean: Friends, Football, Fun, Family, Fabulous-ness, and Freaking-good-pumpkin-beer!!! :) The past two weekends have been so awesome! I drove down to Reno last weekend because Miranda is doing a four week internship there plus lots of my other friends from college are there (ahem, Trisha!). We visited lots of our old stomping grounds: BJ's, Great Basin Brewing Co., Pneumatic Diner, House of Bread, and running down on the river - just to name a few.
This weekend my wonderful mother made a trip out to KF to visit me. THANK YOU MOM!! I had so much fun and it was so good to finally see a member of my family! It has been over two months so her visit was much needed. We had a nice dinner Friday, I took her up to Crater Lake for a hike on Saturday, and then we went to The Creamery that evening to watch football and MLS soccer. Some friends met us there so we had a fun little group to cheer with. Enjoy the pics!
Dinner with Miranda and Trisha at BJ's. They had pumpkin beer so I was in heaven!!
Tailgating for the Nevada vs. Fresno game
So many memories of soccer and football in this stadium. GO PACK!
Miranda and me
Naomi and her hubby, Eddie with us at the game. Reno was such a blast!
This is a pic of me biking up by Agency Lake in Klamath Falls. My 22-mile ride ended with this gorgeous sunset.

Garfield Peak (top right corner) is where my mom and I hiked up to. About 1,000 ft. elevation gain in 1.5 miles.
Mom and I up at Crater Lake. It was pretty foggy on the lake but we got a few good pics before our ascent up into the clouds!
Garfield Peak! If only you could see how high up we were!
"Joan and Jess were here!"
What an amazing time. If you haven't been to Crater Lake, you should probably put it on your list of things-to-do. It is astonishing - clouds or no clouds! I had a wonderful time with my mom too.
My Indian Health Service internship is finished now so I will begin a new one on Monday at the hospital here in town. It will be so much different and I am sure I will learn a ton, like always! Can't wait!




No comments:
Post a Comment